The Handheld Diaton
Tonometer is a unique approach to measuring intraocular pressure
(IOP) through the Eyelid. Non-Contact (no contact with cornea),
no anesthesia or sterilization required, pen like, hand-held, Handheld
It is intended for use by Inpatient & Outpatient
Clinics such as Hospitals, Emergency Rooms, Nursing & Elderly
Homes, General & Specialty Practitioners as well as Ophthalmologists
The Handheld Diaton Tonometer provides high reliability
of measuring results and makes it possible to diagnose glaucoma on the
early stage and appoint necessary treatment and medicines.
The unique methodology of intraocular pressure measuring through the
eyelid applied in the device provides new resources in ophthalmotonometry,
simplicity and safety of tests.
Transpalpebral "diaton" tonometer is effective and irreplaceable
in various situations:
* screening examinations of the patients
* IOP control during selection of adequate medicines
* IOP measuring in the presence in a patient of chronical conjunctivitis,
erosions, edema and cornea dimness
* IOP measuring in patients after corneal surgeries
* ophthalmotone day monitoring
* IOP measuring in immobilized patients and in children
* IOP measuring during contact correction (lenses are not taken out).
Comparison tests of handheld diaton tonometer
tonometer and Goldman tonometer are the evidence of high reliability of
diaton tonometer displays.
Measurement range, mm Hg
Limit of the admissible measurement error in the range,
from 5 to 20 mm Hg - ±2 mm Hg;
from 20 to 60 mm Hg - ±10%
The time of a single measurement, s, not more
Supply voltage, V
Number of measurements using one battery set, not